Saturday, October 22, 2011

stomach virus suck!!!!

It started Thursday afternoon with my oldest child unit, After school, Then my youngest kinda got it, Didn't throw up but did have the "Hershey Squirts".  I got it Friday about 3 AM with the Hershey squirts and throwing up.  My husband got it Friday Afternoon.  It's now Saturday afternoon and other than a few squirts here and there on my end. we seem to be on the upswing.

Here is what I used to treat the tummy aches and the aches of the virus,

Ginger Tea

I was told by my Maternal Grandmother, that her great grandmother learned the healer's art from the Indians as they lived in Kanesville, Iowa before moving west.  For the tea it's 1/8t of ground ginger in a small tea cup,  add enough hot water to make a cup, and let it steep for 5 minutes as it cools down. Just sip it and don't drink the ginger at the bottom of the cup.

We kept Ginger ale on hand,  That is good for tummy aches too.  7-up for re hydration, Especially with a squirt of lemon juice and lime juice over ice.  There is something about the citric acid that helps with upset tummies.

For the runs, Banana, rice, Applesauce and dry toast.  I know what makes this work,  They each have fiber that expands in the intestinal track and absorbs the liquid so you aren't running to the bathroom so much.

While you are in the recovery mode, after it seems that you are going to die because your insides want to be on the outside and you are not going to explode but IMPLODE, (And I think that valet services should be offered at the Hospital ER because you can't call for an ambulance for yourself...)

Just good old Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup and crackers if you think you can tolerate them. At least if you are not on par, and toss it up, it tastes the same coming up.

That is it for today.  I have laundry to do and a nap to take.

I will post the recipe for dinner tomorrow as soon as I know what it is.

Carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment