Thursday, October 27, 2011

Steak Florentine

A few weeks ago,  the boyz schools had their book fair that just happened to coincide with parent teacher conferences. The Horror!  So having kids that like to read I got dragged through the libraries of their respective schools.  While each boy got to pick out one new book, I got me a new cookbook.  This one has simple meals 30 minutes or less.  Tonight, I tried out one of the recipes.  It was really good and healthy and I am going to make it again.

Start out with about a pound of top round steak, 3/4 to 1 inch thick, sliced in about 1/2 inch strips. Brown that in a tablespoon of oil, drain, and add one more tablespoon of oil and add one small onion thinly sliced. when the onion gets soft, add the meat back in, along with 4 cups of fresh spinach season with salt and pepper to taste and and one can of cream of mushroom soup and let it come to a simmer and serve over fresh sliced tomatoes.

For the sides, I did wild  mushroom and herb couscous and canned green beans

No comments:

Post a Comment