Tuesday, January 31, 2012

MOM?!? What's for Dinner, I am STARVING!

If you haven't heard that before, you don't have kids at home.  If you have a husband or significant other,  it's "Hon?!? What's for dinner, I am STARVING!"

Believe it or not, this is what we are having for dinner tonight.

Bunless turkey burgers,
Stuffing
Corn on the cob
and  Pumpkin pie if there is any left.

One of our local stores had ground turkey on sale.  it was under 2 dollars a pound sold in one pound chubs,  You bet your last dollar I got 20 of them.  Cheaper than ground beef and my kids can't tell the difference.

Bunless?   Yep as in No bun!   There are carbs in the corn, and stuffing, why add more?

  because you come from a carb loving family and yes we are carnivores!

I heard that.  Now is the time to change to lower carbs.

For 2 pounds of ground turkey, I am mixing in

1/4 c of dehydrated onion
2T of granulated garlic
2t of salt
couple shakes of pepper
an egg ( just to bind it)

mix that well and shape into 8 patties.   Since there isn't much fat in the ground turkey, I broil the patties in the oven.  If I pan fry, the stick and fall apart.

The Stuffing

one bag of Pepperidge Farms Stuffing,  I am doing Herb seasoned.

I sautee one med onion and 2 cups of celery in 1/4 cup of butter then I add the dry stuffing mix, and moisten it with chicken stock.

The Corn on the cob is Self explainitory.

Now I am off to help make a dress,  Cut a head of hair and find more costumes for "Into the Woods"   March 23 at Wilson Middle school!

No comments:

Post a Comment