Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's been awhile

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans."  yep,  A broken wrist, and work and more work.  I can't afford to take time off work for any of my jobs. 

Now I can sit back and kinda relax today.  It's going to be simple for dinner tonight.

My Pot roast

One good size beef arm roast.  Get one that will feed your family.
I put it in the crock pot with 1 jar of beef gravy, 1 container of sliced mushrooms and a package of onion soup mix. Let it sit on low and serve with mashed potatoes.

Like Garlic mashed potatoes.

Peel and dice 2 potatoes per person,  and add a clove of whole garlic for every 2 potatoes used.  cover with water and boil until fork tender.  drain and replace in hot pan to remove excess water.  Mash with a bit of butter and milk.   And PLEASE don't pull my Sister in laws act of using the food processor to mash potatoes.  Then they will only be good for wallpaper paste. The blade breaks down the starch way too much and you get a pasty goo.

Honey glazed carrots would be good too.

Take a 2 pound bag of baby carrots,  Steam them for about 20 minutes until tender, put in serving bowl with 3T of butter and 3T of honey or more to taste.

Yep it's that simple.

Now, to get the smell of burnt ramon noodles (ask Jamie) out of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment