Thursday, November 10, 2011

Common Sense

No Recipes today  Just some helps to get ready for the holiday baking season,

Oven cleaning, Sure you can used the self cleaning function if you have it or Easy off or call your local Amway person and get a bottle of their totally awesome oven cleaner. Or you don't want the effort so make your own.  Take
3 tsp Borax
1/4 cup vinegar
1/8 cup liquid dish soap
2 cups hot water
and mix it in a big spray bottle.

Wipe out your oven to remove the the loose bits and spray liberally. Sprinkle generously with baking soda, spray again to soak the baking soda, and let it sit overnight.  Wipe it out with paper towels and wash down with hot soapy water,  I love it as we have a dog and he feels he has to taste everything.


Gave your husband burnt offerings because you think they will reach their potential of being a god. Now your house smells like burnt popcorn?  Simmer a cup of lemon juice on low for 15 minutes and it will neutralize the odor.

Last year I accidentally under cooked the turkey. Not going to happen again. So I just went to the appliance Center repair shop and got an oven Thermometer. I hung it in the middle of the rack in the middle of the oven and I turned the oven at 400 and when I heard the click, I checked the temperature and it was only 350* now I know I need to bump the temp to be 400* to be at the 350* I need to  turn it up 50*

When you pull out a roast anything from the oven, tent it with foil. and put a heavy bath towel over the foil.  it will keep it very hot.

Have a good Day!.

No comments:

Post a Comment