Friday, February 10, 2012

Chicken Tertrazzini

I have some chicken breasts thawing out for tetrazzini. The recipe is not easy but it's -4*F outside and we are souped out! Oh and this isn't low fat by any means so we don't have it all the time

I start a pot of water on the stove for one Pound of Liguni add salt. I cook until Al dente.

Melt about 1T of butter in a large skillet, and cook 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts until pale golden, about 4 minutes each side. They will just be barely done but the dish is baked for another 45 minutes. Set them in a large bowl to cool for now.

In same skillet, melt 2T olive oil and 2T more butter and when that gets hot, add 1 pound of sliced mushrooms, one large onion thinly sliced and 5 cloves of crushed garlic. saute until golden brown, add salt and pepper to taste. While the mixture is cooking, I cut up the chicken into just small bites. when the mushroom mixture is done cooking, I add that to the bowl with the chicken.

Then a melt 2T more of butter in the same skillet, add 2T flour to make my Roux, add 4 cups of milk, 1 cup chicken stock, (Original recipe called for white wine and I don't drink it nor cook with it) and let that come together for a thick sauce. When it does,
I add one cup of shredded Parmesan cheese, 1/2 a bag of frozen peas, and 1 cup chopped fresh parsley. Pour over the mushrooms and chicken and add the cooked Ligini Toss to coat and add to a 13x9 baking dish. Top with Italian breadcrumbs and bake for 45 minutes. it it looks to be too brown on top, tent with foil.

I serve it with garden salad and garlic bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment